Terms & Conditions
Access to and use of this website (the "Website") both within the UK and internationally is provided by Radcliffe Cardiology/Radcliffe Vascular under the ownership of Radcliffe Medical Media Ltd., a company registered in England and Wales under no. 8772497 trading as The Radcliffe Group Ltd (hereinafter "The Owner") on the following terms:
1. By using the Website you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions in full, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms and conditions please do not access, use and/or contribute to the Website.
2. The Owner may change these terms and conditions from time to time and so you should check these regularly. Your continued use of the Website will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this Website.
Use of the Website
Information contained on the Website is provided for general information only and is intended for use by registered healthcare professionals both in the UK and internationally. The information should not be considered medical advice on which you should rely and as licensed healthcare professional, you must always use your professional judgement before using our content and should independently verify any information that you choose to rely on. If you are not a licensed healthcare professional you should always seek advice from a healthcare professional prior to acting on the basis of any content on this Website.
You agree to use the Website only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of the Website. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within the Website.
1. All trademarks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on the Website and all content (including all applications) located on the site shall remain vested in Radcliffe Group Ltd. or its licensors (which includes other users).
2. All software, technology, designs, materials, information, communications, text, graphics, links, artwork, animation, illustration, audio clips, video clips, photos, images and other data or copyrightable materials are deemed “Website Content”.
1. You should not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, adapt, alter, reverse engineer, create derivative works, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use the Website Content (excluding Journal Content) in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of the Website Content in full or in part, requires the prior written permission of Radcliffe Medical Media.
3. All reviews, articles, case reports, letters to editor, expert opinions and editorials published within the Radcliffe Cardiology and/or Radcliffe Vascular journals are deemed “Journal Content”.
1. Journal Content is published under the CC-BY-NC 4.0 license as open access, whereby content is freely available without charge and allows users to read, download, copy, redistribute and make derivative works for non-commercial purposes, provided the original work is cited correctly. Radcliffe Medical Media retain commercial rights to Journal Content. Permission to reproduce Journal Content for commercial purposes either in full or in part, should be sought from Radcliffe Medical Media.
4. The names, images and logos identifying Radcliffe Group, Radcliffe Cardiology, Radcliffe Vascular or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trademarks of Radcliffe Group Ltd. and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trademark, design right or copyright of Radcliffe Group, Radcliffe Cardiology, Radcliffe Vascular or any other third party.
Contributions to the Website Content
1. By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with The Owner you agree to grant The Owner, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons). In certain circumstances The Owner may also share your contribution with trusted third parties.
2. Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
3. In order that the Owner may use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any UK laws, that you have the right to give The Owner permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are under 16.
4. The Owner may show your name or company name with your contribution, unless you request otherwise, but for operational reasons this is not always the case. The Owner may need to contact you for administrative or verification purposes in relation to your contribution, or in relation to particular projects.
Contributions to the Journal Content
1. Contributions to the Journal Content are bound by terms of a copyright transfer agreement upon acceptance.
The Website Community
1. In order to participate in and contribute to the Website Communities you may be required to register with Radcliffe Cardiology/Radcliffe Vascular.
2. You agree to use the Website Community (including message boards) in accordance with the following Community Rules. These apply across all of the Website Community sites and services as follows:
(i) About your posts:
• Contributions must be civil and tasteful.
• No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
• No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
• Be patient: users of all ages and abilities may be taking part in the relevant community.
• No spamming or off-topic material: we don't allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don't re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
• No advertising or promoting.
• No spoilers: material which contains information which hasn't yet been made public will be deleted.
• Contributions containing languages other than English may be removed.
• No impersonation.
• No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names.
• URLs (web site addresses) can only be posted if allowed under any relevant local house rules.
• Deliberate misuse of the complaints facility is not permitted. If you persist in doing this, action may be taken against your account.
(ii) Your Account:
If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting a community or annoying other users you may have action taken against all of your accounts.
All accounts must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access regularly so that moderation emails can be sent to you. Accounts registered with someone else's email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address.
The Owner reserves the right to close accounts if any user is seen to be using proxy IPs (Internet Protocol addresses) in order to attempt to hide the use of multiple accounts, or if an non UK user pretends to be a UK user, or disrupts any of our services in any way.
We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, postal address, home address or email address or any other details that would allow you to be personally identified) in the Website Community.
(iv) Legal requirements:
• You may not submit or share any defamatory or illegal material of any nature in the communities. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
• Contributing material to a community with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
• You agree to submit to or share with the communities only contributions which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of The Owner or third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
(v) If you breach these Community Rules:
• If you fail to abide by these Community Rules (and/or any variations in relevant local house rules) when taking part in the community, you will be sent an email which informs you why your contribution has been refused or edited. This email will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts.
• This action may include any content posted by you being checked before allowed to go on the site or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all of the community areas.
• If you submit or share offensive or inappropriate content to or with any of the communities or anywhere else on the Website or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on the Website, and The Owner considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, The Owner may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer or email provider about the infringement(s).
• The Owner reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
1. The majority of content posted in the Website Community is created by members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of The Owner. The Owner is not responsible for any content posted by members of the public on the Website or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through the Website. Any links to third party websites from the Website do not amount to any endorsement of that site by The Owner and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
2. The Website content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to The Owner, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "AS AVAILABLE" basis. To the extent permitted by law, The Owner excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. The Owner does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the Website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by The Owner is correct at the time of publication, no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of The Owner for any errors, omissions, inaccurate or out-of-date content on the Website.
3. Nothing in these terms limits or excludes The Owner's liability for death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence. Subject to the previous sentence, The Owner shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Website regardless of the form of action.
4. The Owner does not warrant that functions available on the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output. The Owner will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, programs or data due to your use of the Website.
1. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can simply email us at any time or unsubscribe from our emails, both directly from us or from 3rd party industry supporters on our behalf.
2. As a healthcare professional, through use of the site you may view advertising provided by pharmaceutical, medical device and diagnostic companies via numerous media formats. Should you not wish to view such advertisements please employ an ad blocker or discontinue use of the Website.
1. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
2. The failure or delay of The Owner to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive The Owner's right to enforce that right.
3. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.